Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Overwhelmed with kindness...

John and I have just had a great dinner. We are both just blown away by not only the kindness and love of our friends and family but also complete strangers and acquaintances. The outpouring of love and prayers just brings us both to tears. I have wanted to take pictures of all of my beautiful gifts and cards that have been pouring in but just haven't had the time. Next week when I am recuperating! John and I had such a great talk about how our lives are going to be turned upside down tomorrow. We were talking about how people get mad at God for causing suffering and tragedy in their lives. Neither has ever crossed our minds. Am I looking forward to what's to come? No. But I am confident that God, like all of you, only wants the best for us.
Saying good bye to the kids tonight was hard- they were excited to be going to the Riehles and I don't think any of them realized it would be many days before they see their Momma! When I gave one last wave from our front steps and came inside, the sobbing started. As many have said, I need to focus on me now to be as mentally and physically strong as I can be through this journey. I am trying with the help of all of you. I am not kidding when I tell you that after about 3 minutes of crying, my phone started beeping and going crazy. Text after text after text of well wishes and prayers and hugs. Just when I needed it most! Thank you. Please keep the texts and messages and especially prayers coming. I'm sorry I just can't respond most of the time. Not only time wise but energy. It is all just so emotional.

So, tomorrow is The day! Please pray not only for me but John and the children. For the strength and love for us to get through this with the utmost faith in God. To work as not only a loving family but as a team helping each other be our best. Pray that every single cancerous cell is removed from my body.Pray for fast and complete healing for my body. Please pray for all of my surgeons, nurses and everyone caring for me- That they have the Faith, wisdom and grace to do their best with what they have been trained to do.

Rumor has it John will be updating when I cannot. That right there might be worth going through surgery! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thought of you and John and the kids as soon as my alarm went off this morning. Your post is so loving and selfless and comforting Kate.... As I said in my text the other day, praying so hard that it's giving God a headache! Huge hugs!! Tracie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kate, I'm so very sorry you are going through this very difficult life challenge. You, John and your sweet children are in my daily thoughts and prayers. You clearly have such a rich and full life, and so many wonderful friends and family, all of which I know will help you conquer the tough road ahead. You're an inspiration to us all! Love, Bridget (Fallat) Tucker xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate! Thinking of you today and glad to hear you are out of surgery and recovering now. It will be a challenge and I know you will have a difficult road ahead. You will overcome this with prayers, faith and the love of your family and friends! Stay tough! Amy Jo Williams

    ReplyDelete