Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hilton Head Island

We left about eleven at night and drove and drove. Since I was/ am not sleeping, I took the 2- 7:30am shift and was amazingly wide awake the entire time. The Riehles were already there and we luckily were in the condo right next door. There are no words how fun and therapeutic the week was. I am a little scared to see Melissa's therapy bill. :) Even if it is in beer payment form. The kids had a wonderful time. Bill, John and others played some crazy sand/ goofball game for hours a day on the beach. Melissa as usual, never sat still and made sure I had enough food and MORE than enough drink. Nothing beats a beer on the beach, listening to kids play, the waves and feeling the sun on my face. Again, it was wonderful. Bill and Melissa and all of Melissa's family that arrived later in the week may never be the same, but I will always be grateful not only to all of them, but to John for making it happen.






5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics, Kate! You guys will remember that trip forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "for whatever we lose
    (like a you or a me)
    it's always ourselves
    we find in the sea"
    - e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip!!!! So glad you packed it up and just went to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to go have a great time! Love the smiles! From, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Love just jumps out of these pictures! I think of you often and pray for you and your family always!
    Tracie C

    ReplyDelete