Saturday, July 20, 2013

Backwards...

I need to catch you up, and myself so I can remember some of these events. On July 3rd, I started my day with a breast MRI. It was not as bad an experience that I have read about. IV went fine, laughed at the fact that I am laying face down on a table with two holes for my chest to fit/hang into. Yes, I asked the tech what if someone's chest is too big to fit in there... She never really answered but I have an idea. :) Yes, it is very loud and obnoxious. There is a constant banging and whirling noise- but nothing that someone with either a 6 year old boy and- or 4 kids isn't used to or can't tune out. Again there was confirmation from the MRI tech about Dr. H. The tech did her internship there and could not speak more highly of Dr. H. I kept hoping that the results would be sent before our 4 pm consult with her. (No such luck) John and I had both been told to have someone come with you to these appointments to be your ears and help write down... Well everything. At first I was like ok and then I thought oh jeez, we are two human beings... One can write down what we need. I thought I was being melodramatic by asking someone (Melissa) to come with us. Then, that morning, I was talking to my friend Jill and she offered to go with us if we didn't already have someone. When I told her just John and I were going... Well, let's just say in true to Jill's friendship, she might have STRONGLY encouraged I reconsider. :) and let me tell you, sitting in that office with my heart pounding and tears running and my jaw to the ground, all I kept thinking was " thank you God for my friendship with Jill and her words of encouragement to bring someone along."  It ( and Melissa) was a saving grace without a doubt.



Hey, dark picture, but you all know how I need to capture moments!



There isn't a lot you don't know from this very long meeting but here are some...
I did the BRCA testing to see if I carry a genetic mutation that's caused this whole mess. Results are still not back. The whole time, I completely kept thinking that there was no way this was happening! It was a very bizarre feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment