Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What we know...

There is so much I want to write. Not only to possibly help someone going through this process, but just for me to remember and re-read a year from now and think "Ha! You were just at the bottom of the mountain looking up! Now you have made it to the top! Rejoice!" But for right now I want to get as many people I know to have this blog for updates and info if they want. And more importantly, for as many prayers as I can get. I will take as many as I can get.

 So I am going to jump forward a bit...

Here are the updates that I know...

Infiltrating ductal carcinoma - left breast
High grade 3
Triple negative
1.6cm tumor with undetermined mass surrounding- totaling about 4-5cm
100% will have a port placed and chemo
Most likely radiation

August 1, 2013 will have a single mastectomy but most likely double mastectomy - by my choice (will talk about that one later) Will have the port placed and sentinal node biopsy to see if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes.
Will have expanders placed by the plastic surgeon ( Dr.C) in the same surgery.
Will be in the hospital at least 2 days.

5 comments:

  1. You have prayers coming your way from the Sincek family! I know you will kick this cancer's a** ---it messed with the wrong person!! Much love, Allison & Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE HUG LOVE HUG LOVE HUG

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying and thinking of you and your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you some Rocky Mountain prayers! Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and pray. God bless you, Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our prayers Kate, Love Harriett & Keith

    ReplyDelete