Monday, July 15, 2013

Finding out...

Monday, July 1... A new month, the plans for a fun week, the annual family Wordeman 4th of July picnic ( which is also my 19th anniversary of ever meeting the entire Wordeman clan for the first time) altered by one single phone call. Dr. P called around 1:30pm. He has such a calm voice and demeanor. The kids were in the house, so I went out onto our back porch (that I am now calling my office) with the only things I could find to write with- a purple crayon and my coupon book. Dr. P just simply said that he was very sorry to tell me that my biopsy came back with bad news. It showed that I have infiltrating ductal carcinoma, that it is high grade and an aggressive type. He hadn't called my Ob/Gyn but would then and I should give him a call so he could refer me to a surgeon. I didn't even cry while on the phone. I just calmly said that I wish he had called with better news and he said he really thought he would have been and that he was very surprised too. I hung up and cried and immediately prayed. Looking back on the past week, before the biopsy, and everyday since, the  prayer that I have been repeating over and over " Please Lord help me                     with Faith,Wisdom and Grace."

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's MY haircut! LOL
    Loves and Hugs - Tracie

    ReplyDelete