Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blog Takeover

Hello all!
Not exactly sure what I am doing here, (this is John) but Kate has asked me to update everyone today.
I have never written a blog or even commented on a blog, heck this is the only one I have ever read. So bear with me and I will let it roll.

We arrived at the hospital today only about 10 minutes late around 6am. This is Kate time. Kate has been in many different rooms and seen many different people.  I would love to tell you all what was said and what is going on but it is pretty overwhelming. I am 41 years old and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I can tell you that I think just maybe, being a doctor is out. There is a whole lot of stuff going on back there.

I finally left  Kate around 9:35. That was when she was going back for her surgery. All I can say was she is amazing. She was not nervous at all. She has complete faith in God and the surgeons he has placed to operate on her. I cannot believe how calm she was, except for the part when they told her she needed to take off her Batgirl underwear her breast friend gave her last night. She was not happy about that at all. She asked to draw the logo on the new underwear but they did not allow it.

I will update you as the day goes along. I have a lot to say and I know Kate will kill me if I do not inform everyone.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers they are greatly appreciated.
JW

3 comments:

  1. Great job John! Thank you for the update and thank you both for sharing the journey with all of us!

    "Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful God." - Psalm 31:5

    Tracie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, John! Welcome to the blogosphere! Keep those updates coming and we'll keep the prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you John, You're doing great! Keep up the good work with the updates and we all are keeping you and the family in our prayers. Go Kate, Go!

    ReplyDelete