Thursday, August 1, 2013

Great News!!!

Ok a quick update: Dr. Hernandez removed 3 lymph nodes and the biopsy came back clean. This is awesome news! They removed the tumor and we will get the results on that tomorrow or Saturday. If that comes back that the tumor was under 2cm, then the cancer would have been stage 1. This is the best we could have hoped for. I believe everyone's prayers played a large part in this outcome. We still won't know everything till we hear the results in the next couple of days so keep the prayers coming.
I can't thank my sister Ann, Mom, Dad and Kate's sister Libby for waiting with me today. They really helped me take my mind off of things. Also Melissa for watching our kids. I really hope Henry has not ducted tape her to a chair.
We have made it to Kate's room. She is in a lot of pain & discomfort, but was filled with joy when I told her the lymph nodes were clean. I am sure I will need to tell her again later as she is in and out. She is absolutley amazing! I am so proud of her and amazed at how strong she is. I better make sure she has her batgirl underware when she wakes up or someone will be in trouble. We both know we have a long hard road till this is over, but we have taken a gigantic step forward today.
Again thanks for everyone's prayers, please keep them coming. I will try to give another update tonight.
I am out!
JW

12 comments:

  1. John,
    I am so happy to hear your wonderful news. I have been thinking about Kate and praying all day. I will continue to pray for positive test results. Please give Kate our love. I pray her pain is eased quickly and that you both get rest tonight.
    Love,
    Kathy, David and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Love,
    The Dobelhoffs

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, Kate, and family,
    Great news! Thanks for the blog updates, John!
    Continuing to Pray!
    Love, Makki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Positive thoughts and prayers still coming your way... call if you need anything.
    -the Mawhinneys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! So happy to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear the good news - truly answered prayers. Your family will continue to be in our family's prayers!
    Love, The Halpin's

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news! I've been thinking of you the past few days. Sending good vibes, prayers as well as all the doctors, nurses and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A strong woman is one who feels deeply and loves fiercely. Her tears flow just as abundantly as her laughter. A strong woman is both soft and powerful. She is both practical and spiritual. A strong woman in her essence is a gift to the world.

    -Tracie C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great News,keeping Kate in our prayers, Keith & Harriett Wood

    ReplyDelete