Wednesday, August 7, 2013

You take the good, you take the bad...

My husband has been reminding me that this blog needs to be updated. I told him to have at it. Sorry days have passed... How is it? The weather has been so unbelievably gorgeous the past few days, I have spent most of my time on our porch. It is amazing what a nice breeze, sunny day and chirping birds can do to make a happy day. The kids finally all came home last night. I know I wanted them back but I also know my first days of recuperation were imperative. Even the crying and bickering made me feel good. My heart felt complete. Just bursting with love just to have them all under one roof. Thank you Ann, Sue and Melissa ( and all of your multiple helpers!) I will forever be thankful for you taking over my role of Momma for them when I couldn't- thank you Amy and Melissa for not giving into Margo's ridiculous attempt to rock the wagon by herself. I'm sure it was a long loud 40 minutes but I wouldn't have backed down either, :)
I talked to a doctor specializing in children with parents with cancer today. It was enlightening and depressing at the same time. Ellie is wanting nothing to do on the subject and we had a talk the other day that just by not talking about something, doesn't make it go away. Sarah is my sweet shadow that I have learned has just burst into tears and sobbed with a good friend of mine. She just tucks everything away and I want her seeing someone before "it" just gets too big for her mind to handle. And Henry I am embarrassed to say twice now I have underestimated his intelligence. His hour long question and answer session last night had me in awe. The wheels are turning and I want to be a little more prepared for the next round. Margo just cries and bosses us all around so not much has changed for her. :) Thank you Kathy H. For giving the information to me before I even realized I would need it!
I am staying up on pain meds but my special ball o' medicine that delivered medi to the sites via a small catheter ran out. Lets just say BIG Bummer. I didn't have a good day and need to try and shut my brain down and sleep.

Thank you again for the presents and cards and food. From the phone calls to the texts that all seem to come at the perfect time. Thank you. For the hand written notes and prayers from women who are 20+ year survivors confirming it can be done. Thank you to the mom that has knitted an afghan for us all to snuggle under all of her beautiful  stitches completed with prayers. Your out pouring of love has become a lesson to me.
I have just fallen asleep 5 times writing this... That's my que... Night night.

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing, Kate. I love your writing and voice. Thinking of you so much...xoxo,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to read a new post! Thinking of you and praying for you every day :)

    I was thinking that I would include a few funnies guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

    - Silence is golden but duck tape is silver
    - I’d like to help you out. Which way did you come in?
    - You can take my advice anytime you want. I never use it anyway.
    - The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room
    - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    - I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.

    Love and Hugs! Tracie C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, you rock!!! Thinking and praying for you and entire family. I went thru this w/my mom she was 42, she also did the reconstructive surgery and she looked amazing (and loved her 21 yr old girl). Big hugs!!!

    Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Stay Strong. Let me know if I can help. Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete