Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Grateful

Ah what a day. Just long and full of running. Hair cut for Ellie, ran by Johns parents to have Mom hem Sarah's uniform skirt for THEFIRSTDAYOFSCHOOLTOMORROW!!!! Ran over to school to drop off everyone's supplies to their classrooms. Ran to our favorite Chinese food lunch place to check off yet another summer bucket list wish. Ran Sarah to basketball practice then out to the Riehles for our last soak up the end of summer  before school starts swim. Ran Ellie to basketball practice, home, Krogers, dinner of Taco Bell and Wendy's  and then to Justice for some white tank tops for Sarah to wear under her uniform blouse because THEYARETOTALLYSEETHROUGHWAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
I am paying for it with a very sore chest, port site, head and back.
I was thinking today and telling the girls many times to "be grateful" so I am just going to write a short list of some things I myself am grateful for today and call it a night.
Not in order of importance and some of the firsts that come to mind as there are many...

*************** I am grateful for.....*******************

Henry losing his second top tooth and his gummy smile

Margo watching Miss Holli remove the older girls hair wraps and thinking she was the cats meow since hers may stay in.

Talking with an old friend and hearing about her stresses of moving houses and packing with young children and how "normal" our conversation was. Nothing cancer related, just easygoing and funny. JC, our 10 minutes made my day! I'm praying for you! :)

For that wonderful feeling I get walking into the children's school and hugs from some great people. I am still amazed by the feeling of love and God that just radiates from that building. I hope the feeling never gets old.

For Sarah waking up this morning and asking me to snuggle with her on the couch. No TV, no iPod, just two girls on the couch(one with coffee) with our fuzzy blankets chatting.

For sitting in the sun under the Riehles tiki umbrella watching the kids swim and chatting with Melissa. Made me feel a million times better.

For my SIL Judy who shows up here almost daily with a smile on her face. She has spent days organizing the children's bins of mismatched toys and I can guarantee she has nightmares about millions of plastic dinosaurs and race cars and squinkies and barbies and mini football helmets etc.

For Ellie going with me to Krogers tonight and insisting on pushing the cart and loading the van- by then I really was on my last leg!

For my sister Anne- for keeping in touch

For Johns new routine of coming over to my side of the bed when he is leaving for work in the morning to give me a kiss and see if I need anything before he goes.

4 comments:

  1. Very special Kate... reading this put a warm feeling in my heart. I am grateful that you have these experiences with your children, husband, family, and friends.

    Love you! Tracie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - Just wanted to add a little funny... I had to look up "hair wraps" due to my "dirty boys only" interaction! LOL - Hugs! Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to repeat art of our conversation earlier...Terry and I are responsible for your early morning kisses from John! Hee hee! Love you! Lib

    ReplyDelete