Saturday, August 31, 2013

A kick in the head...

Hello from first chemo treatment, round 1, day 3...

I want to update so I can remember this all as life has a way of making us forget both the good and the bad. Thursday, everything went very well with all infusions- I am grateful for Johns sister Ann for telling me how weird you feel when they give you the IV Benedryl. Everything went very smooth and I liked my nurse Kim, and saw pictures of a fox and hummingbirds which remind me that Ann Ward is undoubtedly helping me through this journey. After we got home, I puttered on the iPad, and snoozed. Friday, John was up and out the door before 5:30am so I was on my own getting the kids ready for school. Melissa kept Margo all day Thursday and overnight AND picked up the kids from school Friday and has kept them since! Please pray for her sanity as many of you know, she has four kids too! I don't know how she does it...
The kids did such a great job getting up and ready on time for Grandpa to pick them up and take them to school! I heard through the grapevine that grandpa only held up the drop off line a smidge getting out and taking pictures of the kids going into school. Love that man and his camera. I felt pretty well on Friday just slightly nauseous but kept up on my meds. I decided to go for a walk and Jill and her sweet nieces came with me. It was slow going but great to talk and walk with such a good friend. Got home and napped. I think all of my napping is really just catch up as before my first treatment, I had just plain worn myself out. I got up to go to get my Neulasta injection when John called to tell me he was on his way to take me. Firstly, this was unnecessary because I felt fine and could drive but I also knew what a ridiculously stressful day/ week he had had at work and didn't want to add to the stress. It just brings me to tears of his immense love for me and our family. He just just simply a great guy... Most of the time :)
We went for the injection and the treatment room was hopping. We were in and out in an hour. The nurse did the injection in my stomach which was unexpected but she said she liked to inject where there is "the most padding" instead of my arm... Ahem I have no idea why she chose my stomach (cough cough,4 large sized children cough cough) we came home, I read for a bit and John and I had decided to go see a movie by ourselves that night! Something we haven't done without children in forever! Like I can't even tell you the last movie we saw... And that's when I woke up at 8:20pm to him working on his computer. He hadn't wanted to wake me up and we had missed our movie. I made skyline for him and noodles with butter for me and we watched the Reds and couldn't decide on what movie to rent from Direct TV. He went to bed and I snoozed on the couch till 2am. I took the meds I needed at that time and read until 3:25am, took my Claritin to help with the icky Neulasta injection and slept until 9:45am!!! Now, this is both a blessing and a curse as clearly sleep is helping but over sleeping and not keeping up on my meds is B.A.D. I got up and felt really nauseous but my head, oh my head I can honestly say I have never had a headache like this. If I kept/ keep my eyes closed, it is getting better. John had to go into work and I had my slew of meds, toast with REAL butter and a coffee on the porch. Feeling a bit better 3 hours later. :)  I'm glad buckeye football has started!

So, there you have it! Thank you everyone praying for me and our family. As I have said before, to FEEL you prayers envelop us is just life changing. Please don't stop. God is good and our blessings are many thanks to all of you!

Smooches, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment