Monday, September 2, 2013

Deflated... But not defeated! ***Updated***

Good morning from chemo round 1, day 5...
I will warn you, this one might seem like a bit of a downer and I guess it is.
I feel...well, horrible. Yesterday was by far my worst day and I'm hoping I am on the upswing. I am doing better staying on top of meds but I seriously do not know if I can swallow one.more.pill.
The achy side affect from the Neulasta doesn't seem to be bad. But this headache... A whopper I tell you! It physically hurts when I touch my temples. I know I am not getting enough liquids in and is a goal for today. But everything - including water just tastes "off." I am praying this too shall pass!
My other worry has come true... Comfortable sleep. Remember August 1? I had a double mastectomy    
with expanders (aka bricks) placed? So I am still healing, still have stitches, STILL can't sleep like a normal person...even my sweet constant companion is mocking me :)
* Sarah just woke up and came out to see me. I was telling her how unbelievable this headache was and that it even hurt to touch my head and she said in her sweet deadpan voice... "Then don't touch it..."  Lord I love that girl!  Anywho... Back to complaining about how I am still sleeping sitting up in a reclining position and it bites. I want to curl up on my side and SNOOZE! 
Enough! Enough! That's all of the whining I am going to do (well right now, on here-just ask John) oh and John, doing such a fantastic job taking care of all of us. Love him!

***************************
After posting, I walked two blocks with Sarah, drank most of my coffee, 1 1/2 cups of my water,got 2 Advil down and can say I think I am feeling better! I might even hear some peanutbutter toast calling my name.


1 comment:

  1. The smell of Fall is in the air, Mums and pumpkins showing up at the shops... a season that we both enjoy...sending positive, relaxing, and soothing thoughts for healing and strength to you my friend :) - Tracie

    ReplyDelete