Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chemo day 8...

Good morning! Well, as I told a neighbor this morning, I think I am on the upswing of yuck. Days 3-5 were bad. The splitting headache, the nausea, the not sleeping... Bad. But, after my "walk" with Sarah on Monday, I could feel things looking a bit brighter. Now the only side effects I feel are some (but usually tolerable) nausea and tiredness. Like youvejustrunamarathonthroughquicksand tiredness. I also get the chemo brain saying. Last night, we had meet the teachers at school and a friend asked me if I was "going to the open house tomorrow" and I just stared at her forever! Wasn't I AT the open house now? After she had to repeat it to me MULTIPLE times, I realized she was talking about Margo's open house that is this morning. Whew! I can hear my brain trying to click but sometimes misfires. I was getting cross at Sarah for using Henry's bunkbed as a jungle gym and couldn't get the right words out and ended up sputtering something completely incoherent and we ended up both just laughing hysterically.
By Friday afternoon, I will have had 3 doctors appointments! Makes lots of sense to stay out of Germy places no? :) I am SO amazed by my friends that are MORE than willing to jump at the chance to take Margo for me during my appointment times. I am very blessed.
John... Now most of you know that John, JW, Wordeman, $&1@!! As I am sometimes prone to call him :) and I have a um... Bantering relationship. But seriously, God just reaffirms how lucky I am to have found and married this man. To say he has stepped up to the plate for our family, is a huge understatement. Tirelessly. Unselfishly. Willingly. John has done more of my "tasks" in the last month than probably in our marriage. He will disagree on that one I'm sure!  Bathing children, shopping, homework, making,serving dinners! Driving the children to school in the mornings. Picking up and driving to practices. making sure he is home from work at a reasonable time to help. Anything I ask, he does. I know he is exhausted too. God is amazing in showing me yet another side of my "guy" I have known for a little over 20 years now. (!!) Now, I might change my tune a bit since you know, it's the start of "That" season... OSU and Bengal football, but I still think I am one very lucky girl!
Again this week I have been blown away by my friends and family. Cards, gift cards, wonderfully sweet notes, UNNECESSARY gifts! You have no idea how much it all means. They all come at just the right moments. Gods timing... Just amazing.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! you are doing so well and wish I lived around the corner, didn't have a job, could do more from where I am...please, please, just call or text when you need anything!!!

    Hugs and many more prayers.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete