Monday, September 23, 2013

Rumplestilskin...

Rough. That would be how I would describe this round of chemo. Thursday after chemo, I came home and slept on and off. I felt only tired- I'll take that! Friday, still felt extremely tired, started the dreaded headache... It thankfully has not been as extreme as in round one. I again slept most of the day when I could and went to get my Neulasta injection. None of this could have been possible without great friends taking the kids after school, and Margo all day. Saturday is a blur. I slept, tried to keep up on meds. Again, I have no words for our friends and for John. Just amazing. I am seriously in awe at the amount of sleep I had. Sleep has always been my answer for well, pretty much anything. :) I just haven't been able to implement operation sleep since having children!
Sunday was such a pretty, fall day! We had many soccer and basketball games- all of which were again taken care of by friends, family, or John. While John was at the Bengals game, I went to Sarah's soccer game and sat in the sun. It was nice to quickly chat with friends (my laundry fairy that makes me smile every time I see her) and the girls played well and won 12-0.
This morning, I just feel completely worn down. My FIL took the kids to school. Which by the way, all three immediately getting up, dressed and ready for grandpa on time was the biggest blessing I could have been given! Highly unusual and I am SO grateful! Margo and I are planning on hanging low today (aka watching tv all day) and hopefully, I will start to turn around for the better. Another blessing I wanted to mention was from a friend yesterday. While she has children, a busy work/ travel schedule and her own busy life, she doubled her dinners and brought over 1/2 to us. Along with a special treat for me that I will cherish. Thank you Mary Ann- your friendship and smiles are huge blessings to all of us! I needed it more than you could imagine.
Margo and I are "coldie!" and are going to try some toast with butter.


Thank you everyone- for all of your prayers. Please, please don't stop they are still very needed!






4 comments:

  1. wonderful photo Kate !!!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was cute and appropriate in soooo many ways!

    Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room. After a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it over and then said a prayer. "Fine", said the pleased mother. "If you ask God to help you not misbehave, He will help you." "Oh, I didn't ask Him to help me not misbehave," said Johnny, "I asked Him to help you put up with me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you all the time!! Your strength is really awe inspiring! I love your updates...keep them coming!
    Tori

    ReplyDelete