Friday, November 1, 2013

Let's talk about 6 baby...

Sorry I have been MIA.... I bounced back pretty well and have been out and about. Like to a total of 8 soccer games and 2 basketball last weekend. We have another tournament for soccer this weekend for Sarah and John and both Sarah and Ellie have basketball tournaments starting tonight! The fun never ends. Last weekend, Sarah/Johns team supported us with surprise breast cancer socks and pink ribbons in their hair! As with Ellie's basketball team I am just in awe at the compassion of not only the girls parents, but the girls themselves. The support and friendship from them for our girls and really, our entire family just brings me to tears. Love them!

I am sitting here having chemo. I am feeling so incredibly blessed sitting here among other cancer patients. As I am often telling the kids, you never know about a person when you have never walked in their shoes. Don't judge!
John and I had the big 4 or 6 discussion with Dr. W today. He has agreed with us that we can go for 6!!!!!! I keep laughing how pathetically happy I am with this decision but I honestly don't think I could ever forgive myself if God forbid, the cancer returns and I had only completed 4 rounds. There is just too high of a risk for triple negative cancer to return. Please pray for smooth sailing and uncomplicated rounds!
Last Saturday, we also had The Wordeman Fall Family picnic! SO fun to see many friends and family I haven't seen in a while. Yet another blessing- laughter really can be the best medicine!

4 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying for smooth rounds! This is what's so annoying to me about statistics - yes, they can say that for x in y women who have this profile, they only need 4 rounds. But you're an individual and it doesn't really mean that your individual chances are x in y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the final rounds of chemo! We support your decision 100% and wish you the best! We know you have the strength to take these final rounds in stride. We think of you often and you are always in our hearts and prayers. We cannot wait until you are in the "Survivor's Club" ! Best Wishes and Warmest Regards - Jess Brett and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate-
    Your strength and joy is amazing...and I am actually at a loss for words to describe what a beautiful person you are.

    Blessings to you and your awesome family! -Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,
    Always thinking of you and your family. Hope you will let us know if (when) you need anything. You are strong and empowering. Whether it is 4 or 6...You, my friend, will conquer this with style and grace.

    The Bowmans

    ReplyDelete