Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kindness, decisions and blessings

IF I have learned anything over the past 4 months (only 4?!) it is the unbelievable and amazing kindness people actually show towards one another. Especially our family. Cards, dinners, prayers, texts, quilts, flowers, gift cards, hugs, it is endless. One more delicious dessert, and I am going to have to buy bigger pants! Every time, I am immediately so humbled and amazed. We are truly not this deserving of so much love. I can only hope and pray that we are able to pay it all forward someday.  I hope that my children see and understand and appreciate all of this love bestowed on us. It is such a learning experience that I selfishly never considered before my diagnosis.

I have been at such odds since the question of 4 or 6 rounds of chemo have come up. It has completely rocked Johns and my "plan" so to speak. We had this "goal" of keeping our heads above the water for 6 rounds. The questions for my oncologist keep mounting by the minute. I spoke to him briefly about my concerns last week when I was in for my allergic reaction but didn't have my side kick (JW) with me and kind of shut down during the brief discussion. I understand the facts. I just don't think I will ever forgive myself if I don't go the whole 6 rounds originally planned and I do have a reoccurrence. The fact that I am triple negative, giving me upped odds of reoccurrence within the first 3 years, makes me want to fight like crazy- even though the numbers show 4 could be "enough" and 6 could be only adding permanent toxicity. I am NOT just a number...
 I am asking everyone to please pray for clarity and wisdom regarding this decision. And for the wisdom and grace to discuss it all with my oncologist next Friday before my 4th treatment.

We had such a fun time at the hockey game last Saturday! The girls happily completed their first 5k and have the medals to prove it! Thank you to the Simons Family for such a fantastic night! We were happy to see a win!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sending you clarity, peace, etc etc! I cannot imagine having to make this decision.

    P.S. M looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete