Friday, November 8, 2013

Head thump...

I have been meaning to follow up from my last post but I have seriously been completely and utterly down and out until yesterday. Finally yesterday, I could function. Thinking ahead, I have been stressing about #5. Time wise, it would put me at feeling a bit better on Thanksgiving- IF I respond the same for the same amount of time. Then, I remember what happened after I wrote my last post. I felt so horrible and decided to read my Jesus Calling book. (Which I love beyond words!) This is what I read right after I posted...
What a wonderful reminder that I am NOT in charge here! God knows his plan for me and stressing about it only hurts myself and is really just a plain waste of energy. While I am typing this, I am also reminded of a talk with Fr. AJ after I was diagnosed and him telling me pretty much the exact same thing. While I am only human and am going to worry and am going stress about this roller coaster adventure I am on, reminders like the above are invaluable! 

I am thankful for being able to see and appreciate the signs all around.


4 comments:

  1. It's so easy to tell yourself not to stress about one thing or not to worry, but so very difficult to actually listen to that voice. You amaze me with your ability to be reflective and positive and noticing the signs around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate! Craig here... Your husbands good looking friend...you know tall bald and beautiful like your husband:). Thought and hope I get a chuckle. Catching up a bit by reading your blog. You are a rock star Kate. I love you positive spirit and your love for christ who strengthens us. Love to you and your family and give that pillar of strength husband a big kiss from me!! This is my first blog reply. Hope I did ok and it works! Peace. Craig and the Miller family

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!
    <3 JM

    ReplyDelete