Sunday, February 1, 2015

Late Update #2,304...

I know! I know! This is just getting a bit ridiculous. Again, I was locked out of not only the blog but all of my gmail sites. And really, as frustrating as it has been, I am embarrassed to admit that I am equally mad at myself for not fixing it before this and well, just plain lazy. I have so many posts ready to be tweaked and published- I just need to do it! I need to remember that I started this blog for others to not only to be able to be updated and PRAY for us but also to help others with breast cancer looking up sites in the middle of the night (cough cough) to help them with the same struggles I am experiencing. One of my New Years resolutions was to update and tell my story as I honestly feel more and more compelled to do.

So, Happy February 1st! How in the heck that happened already, I have NO idea.
Back on Jan 14th... John and I went to see Dr. M in Indy. I had had another CT scan on the 12th and we were so happy and surprised that my scans showed all tumors to be stable! When it comes to cancer (and I am sure MANY other diseases... and now that I am thinking about it life in general- hahaha) The whole thing is really just a crap shoot- you tweak, you guess, you pray. Every time I walk into that hospital, I pray "Lord, I TRUST you!" over and over until John and I get to the steps to go up and into Dr. M's "wing. Again, I have absolute faith that I am in the best hands I possibly could be with her and her team. Yes, it is worth the drive.

So now that the scans came back stable and we realize this is the longest I have been on a chemo without progression, I had to do a little bartering with Dr. M as she was concerned about my hands and feet falling off (slight exaggeration) We ended up not lowering the dose (Kate win) and adding in more meds (Dr. M win) and majorly slowing the infusion time (mutual win). Also, with the ultimate win of Dr. M getting to say "I told you so" if my feet and hands "act up" again. which as of 2 days ago, they have started again. My feet have been healing SO well! Now, I couldn't go get a pedi, but they had felt and looked a ton better. The swelling and itching in my hands were much better too. Until 2 days ago. Honestly, this has me really stressed out. The swelling and redness and burned feeling is progressively getting worse. I really thought I was out of the woods as for most people, this reaction to the chemo's toxicity is within a few days after infusion. NOT weeks later. UGH.
*John on the other hand- not surprised at all and is happy to tell me so. :)
Please pray that this doesn't spiral out of control. I honestly don't know what I will do.

Ok, off to Mass but I promise to update this afternoon... or tomorrow.

Smooches, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment