Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sometimes you just need to buck up...

Good morning from an incredibly comfortable bed in the heart of downtown Nashville ,Tennessee. As we have found that I am getting pretty great at " let's get the heck out of Dodge," John and I decided to run away to Nashville for the weekend. No children, no friends, no family, just us. We have only been here about 14 hours and have had such a wonderful time. Our drive was full of good music and happy chatter. There was a little bit (a lot) of traffic and construction that forced John to drive like Bill and me to use my invisible break pedal but all in all we are happy and really enjoying this very unusual alone time together. We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary on the 14th with John taking Ellie to a very late basketball game and me panicking I was getting a sore throat, (manically shoving the kids gummy vitamins and vitamin C bears into my mouth) and asleep before they even got back from the game.

People are asking how I am doing. My best response is "physically, I am doing pretty well, mentally? Meh..." I kind of feel like I am just coming up from being underwater. Needing to take that big breath to possibly have to go under again. I can speak about what is going on some of it just fine but you ask me about the children or John be prepared for tears. * Sorry Mr.M at conferences last Thursday! I am sure my very teary therapy session/conference will be one for your books.

I woke up the other morning and my first thought was "oh crap we are going to be late." And the second was " this is it! You have got to buck up! " Because even when you're " underwater " life keeps moving. Very early on in this so called adventure, Ellie drew/colored me a quote that I have in our bedroom and look at everyday "Courage is fear that has said its prayers" man have I looked at that sign a lot lately! So, I'm trying to do my best to buck up a bit. The Fall colors are beautiful. The children received wonderful scores and complements at their conferences- #lovethatschool
and I need to get my act together when I get home and hopefully get our Halloween decorations out so the kids stop begging for the obnoxious screaming ghost that has motion sensors- Big thanks to grandma and grandpa for that one!
Again, thank you for your prayers. Your cards. Your texts. Your emails. Your comments on here and Facebook. They honestly are what's keeping me above the water! Don't stop. Off to enjoy some Nashville with my sweetie! Life is still good.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate and Wordeman family,
    Sending you all love and prayers from the Bowman family from St. Vincent Ferrer.

    ReplyDelete