Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy thankful Thursday! What are you thankful for today? There are just so many things happening in our lives right now that we have to be thankful for that I am implementing Thankful Thursday on the blog. It will take a lifetime of Thursdays to mention so many things great and small so be patient with me.

There have been two foundations that have helped our family so much that I will forever be grateful to both. The first one is called Helping Hands of Cincinnati. I was told about this unbelievable foundation early on in my first diagnosis and didn't get a chance to contact them for quite a while, but when I did, they were there for us and ready to help our family in any financial way we needed. They helped me prioritize my piles and piles of medical bills that were (and are) streaming in daily. Granted, they are a small organization and were only able to help to a certain amount, but what they did help with was huge to our stress level. Everyone at Helping Hands (and the story of how it began) have just been incredible. If anyone has it in their heart, PLEASE send them a donation of any amount. They are an organization built out of friendship and love and deserve any donation they can get to use toward another family struggling with the stress and ridiculous amount of bills that pile up while dealing with cancer.  Our family will forever be thankful for them!

Ellie has a very good friend that found out about the Karen Wellington Foundation through school and being the selfless and determined beauty that she is, wrote a letter and nominated myself and our family for one of their amazing vacations they donate to women living with breast cancer. Because of Maria, we are headed to the beach for a week in June! Especially with my new diagnosis, to say we need this time away as a family is a huge understatement. School will be finished. Soccer and baseball will be missed. John will not be allowed to touch his phone for work (I am not kidding JW!)
And I plan on sitting on the beach (with a beer or margarita) watching my children run and play in the sand and sun. It will be glorious. Again, The Karen Wellington Foundation is just an amazing organization that runs on donations- not only monetary but also, if you have a summer home that you can donate to them for a week for another family to use while living with breast cancer, please seriously consider a donation. There really aren't enough words to say how much just the idea of getting away somewhere has kept us all looking forward!

Again, I am just so thankful for your thoughts and prayers...words just can't express how much.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you invited me on your post. I've been praying for you all day. Usually Mondays I disappear to some woods in Indiana and enjoy these lovely Spring days, today was no different. I took you with me hunting for birds and surprises . . . . I wasn't disappointed. Thanks for the warm outreach at the Werner gathering in Toledo. Peace and all good, Friar John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about you and your family. You are so brave to be sharing your story with all of us and I can't tell you the impact that you have had on my life just knowing you. I pray for you every day and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need ANYTHING. Always here, Sarah

    ReplyDelete