Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy and proud...

Yes, I have again missed Thankful Thursday... But truthfully, it is because of the many happenings from this past week have been so wonderful and uplifting, I am finding it hard to properly put my feelings to words.
Let's start with a week ago Thursday.
A fantastic surprise from our very good friends. New softball shirts designed by friends, purchased by my favorite tool and die company. For an impromptu gathering at Frickers ( kids eat free and yes, they probably lose money on us with all of our kids...but we all really try to make it up in beer!)because of a softball rain out, we all had a wonderful time. I really didn't turn a corner until that Tuesday and having our good friends surprise both John and myself that night did wonders for my mental and physical status!




Saturday, unexpectedly turned into one of the most memorable days and nights of my life. Our friend Jim- also, our best friends brother, was ordained a priest! While I have always felt lucky to be able to follow and pray for his process to this incredible event, I had no idea how profound this unbelievably Holy experience was going to be for me personally. His ordination mass was so beautiful, and an experience I truly underestimated. The music, the attendance, the cathedral, the words spoken and the clear abounding love for Jim (and the other man being ordained)from the congregation! I am still in awe. I really think every Catholic young or old, should attend an ordination. 






I didn't know that it is very special for a newly ordained priest to give you a blessing. While these pictures were quickly taken from Johns phone, I will cherish them and never forget Father Jim's words and blessing for me.


And then we celebrated like there was no tomorrow! It was a wonderful night!

 
I have thought and said out loud many times this week, I am very proud to be a Catholic.



1 comment:

  1. God love you. Wish I could have been at that celebration. Yes, I am also proud to be a Catholic.

    ReplyDelete