Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Saint filled friends

I know there are so many people supporting us right now that haven't been mentioned but please don't feel I am "skipping over" you or that your gifts and prayers mean less but I want to tell you about a gift I received last week that besides extremely looking forward to our vacation to Florida (we leave a week from Thursday! Squeal!) this gift is giving me incredible strength!
The short story is... Last week, my friend Amy and I met for coffee (gets me every time!) and she brought with her a gift from many of my favorite St. Gertrude mommas. Amy contacted many and they all got me their favorite Saint medals! Amy received so many, that I now have more than enough Saint medals for a necklace AND bracelet! These wonderful mommas also wrote me beautiful cards telling me why they chose the Saint(s) for me. LOVE! I can't tell you how much this means to me! It has given me such strength and an extra boost of Faith! I have been meaning to take a picture of them and the cards but have not had a chance. Thank you Amy! Again God is putting some amazing women/friends in my path. I am very blessed.
Speaking of strength, tomorrow is my third round of chemo (chemo 2.3) and I am asking for prayers please. Prayers that the anxiety I am already feeling will subside. Prayers that Dr. M will have the wisdom to know what anti-nausea meds to use next and that they WORK! Prayers for John to have the patience and strength to deal with a sick wife and 4 rowdy kids just starting Summer vacation. Prayers that the virus I had last week hasn't totally knocked out my immune system amd that my bloodwork is ok to even have chemo tomorrow.

Smooches, Kate


2 comments:

  1. I just got a beautiful image in my head of all the saint medals clinking in the breeze of all the whispered prayers- blowing the dark shadow of anxiety away :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still on my turbo charged Knights of Columbus prayer list ~ Let go & let God, he has got this one. :-) xoxo John Michael

    ReplyDelete