Monday, April 21, 2014

IU chemo... It's the cool thing to do...

I would love to apologize for not posting sooner but honestly, events with my children are taking precedence over everything. By events I mean soccer, baseball, soccer, soccer... Reading, coloring, shopping etc.
I need to start with again the biggest thank you I can muster. Overwhelmed by kindness from all of you is such an understatement. Why I am surprised again by the amount of love and prayer is beyond me. But thank you. I need it, our entire family needs it.
Our meeting with my new oncologist last Wednesday went incredibly well.  So well in fact, I ended up having my new chemo there ( IU Simon Cancer Center) that day! It was kind of like going into labor- you are never quite prepared for it but there's no turning back at that point. :)
The new chemo I am on is called Carboplatin. Most probably no hair loss but definitely nausea. I can attest to the nausea- it has not been pretty. I will have it at IU every three weeks. The next one is scheduled for May 7th which I think is good luck as it is one of my favorite persons birthdays. (Holla Mr. R.!) John is going with me for that round but yes, I will be needing rides... Well, for the rest of my life since that is how long chemo will last. Ahem... Yes you read that right and yes, I am stressed, and yes, the thought of it all is very daunting. As the new Dr. Explained it... I will have this chemo every three weeks- as long as it's working. And then when it stops, I will go onto another chemo until that stops working etc. etc. etc. sigh. While I am finding the thought of all of this enormously stressful,#breathingintoapaperbag. I am also incredibly grateful that such medicine and knowledge exists.
I again have so much more to tell you but surprise surprise, soccer practice calls!

Thank you everyone- I love you bunches.

3 comments:

  1. I do not have the words right now to take away your nausea, the stress, and all the other feelings and emotions you have at this time. I do offer my prayers and the fight for you. Your strength is second to none. The circle that surrounds you is getting larger and more powerful everyday. Hugs to you! Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just a friend of a friend that explained your story and your blog. Not knowing you at all, there is something amazing about you. It's been said that the best medicine is positive thinking. You are way over positive thinking and it's stunning to read your blog. Words can't explain why this is happening to you and it really stinks that there are bad, no -good people running around yet YOU have to go through this again. However, the glass being 1/2 full, your children will know what it takes to be a strong, loving person and that love conquers all. Your're teaching them more than you think. Stay strong and even on bad days, know there are others waiting to lift you back up. Keep fighting my new friend!

    ReplyDelete