Monday, April 27, 2015

Worth the shot...

Goodness we need to catch up. I had my third dose of my clinical trial chemo last Wednesday. It was a week delayed due to how horrible I felt. I told John on Wednesday morning while we were getting ready, "I find it funny that I feel the best I have today than I have in 4 weeks and I get to go do it all over again." I don't know why I am surprised by how mentally taxing it is. Yet again, I love Dr. M but this time, I loved that she went above and beyond and also explained the reasoning for how I have been feeling.
She contacted the head of the Pharma company heading this CT and asked him if anyone had ever had such a reaction on this trial and was told no but on another trial for a different cancer, yes. He explained that with the anti-body combined with the chemo, when it binds to the cancer, it basically turns the cancer toxic - hence the horrible way I am feeling. The best thing about all of this? Its that after only 2 rounds of this chemo, I had a total 67% REDUCTION in all tumors!!!! Literally almost unheard of so far. Everyone, nurses, Dr. M, The Pharma guy- beyond excited. Please pray it keeps working. They did lower the dose slightly and while I haven't been feeling great, I know that it usually hits me in the second week. Henry's First Holy Communion is this Saturday and my sweet God-daughters Confirmation is Friday. Please pray for the best strength and good health I could possibly feel to celebrate with both of them.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers- there are not enough word of appreciation! Please keep them coming!

Smooches, Kate

3 comments:

  1. Over the moon to the heavens news! You have got to be feeling so blessed and kicked up a notch knowing that the cancer and those tumors are getting a good butt kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is wonderful news! 67%!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you except through this blog but I have been touched by your situation and the way you handle your daily life while struggling with this awful disease. You might not feel it many days but you are a strong courageous woman! This latest report is an answer to prayers for sure and I will continue to join your other prayer warriors in believing for even better results. Hope you have a good weekend doing things you love to do.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete