Saturday, April 11, 2015

Worst Spring Break Evah!

Hello from... Naples? No. Hilton Head?  No. A really fun cabin in Hocking Hills with two great families? No.
Hello from the hospital for me.
I wanted this to be a more complete post but that will have to wait. Here is the low down...

Had blood work and CT scans last Wednesday and really was feeling yucky. Like having to lay down and not move yucky. Very nauseous and just exhausted. But I needed to pack for our mini spring break with the T family and the R family! Packing didn't happen that night. I just went to bed. Packed - if you can call it that in the morning and left for Hocking Hills feeling miserable but hoping that my blood work was on its way back up. Didn't happen. I spent Thursday in bed in HH. Friday, I ,are a very tearful call to the oncologist and John drove me all the way back to Cincinnati. It was horrible.
I was very dehydrated, had low potassium and a slew of other things going on. All as a result from my chemo two weeks ago. But the good news is that my scans are the best ever!!

So, here I am. I have slept most of the day and still don't feel super all the while I am so grateful for our friends and John for making sure the kids are having a memorable spring break.

Of course, prayers are asked for!

Smooches, Kate

1 comment:

  1. Glad your scans are the best ever. You gave us quite a scare. Stay strong, Beautiful and thanks for posting again.
    xoxo,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete