Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Proof...


I can't believe I am actually going to show these pictures but...

Last night I could not take another second of hair in my mouth, hair in my food, hair just floating by in the breeze willy nilly. Finally, when I noticed that my glasses had rubbed a perfect line into my temple, I knew I had to take it off. I will admit my pixie cut was better than I thought- even though it only lasted 3 days.
What really surprised me were the two little girls home sick from school- one with a yucky stomach the other with croup (!) and on breathing treatments were frighteningly MORE than a little happy to take the buzzer to their mommas head! Videos and pictures documented the process. Mohawks, spikes and zigzags were perfected. As I told Melissa, I am a little frightened for Henry and Margo and have told them to never play "beauty shop" with their sisters.

I am glad that the whole shaving process was kept "light" because of the fact that E and S could not believe I would actually let them buzz me. I really am ok without hair. It's not about the hair. If I can prolong my life I will happily be hairless! It does make me sad that it really is THE outward sign that I am living with cancer. I can only hope when people see me, they just send up a quick prayer instead of feeling badly that I don't have hair.





I just can't help it- these make me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! and a great example for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Shari from Verizon. I feel blessed to have talked to you today, you are truly an inspiration!
    Keeping you in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete