Saturday, September 27, 2014

Selfish...

It has been a week of... I can't quite put my finger on it. I am feeling very self centered and I am mad about it. I have been praying for this self centered focus to turn around. My friend Guiseppa passed away and her funeral was on Thursday. I was a mess. I feel so guilty that every part of it from the music to the readings I just kept putting myself "there" instead of her. I was just so painfully sad for her family and friends and knowing G, she would have been annoyed with me and said " ok, enough put a smile on your face, say a prayer and buck up."
I am letting little things get to me. Things people say, things I read, rude people driving (whymustyougosofast?) inconsiderate people that can't hold a door for you or say thank you when you (or my children) do. It all adds up to crabby and we all know time spent like that just is a big waste. I am praying for a new week of gratitude!

I want to focus on some really good blessings from this week also. They are abundant and not hard to find.

* Yet again for Melissa who only knew Guiseppa through me yet left a school commitment and slid right into the pew next to me at her funeral. No words needed, just such an amazing selfless friend that just knows...So many times I feel like I just suck energy from her and she keeps letting me! I did buy her lunch this week though - well I used a gift card 😄

* For friends that thought of John and myself  and invited us to the Reds game. Although they lost 5-0 sigh... It was a beautiful night to sit with them minus kids, have a beer and laugh - and a great view of Chris Heiseys...moving on...

* For my sister-in-law to come to our crazy house to watch the children, finish homework and put them to bed so we could go to the Reds Game.

* For my friend Ann taking Margo this week knowing it has been a rough one.

* For Henry's teacher, oh my goodness we are yet again so blessed for certain people in our lives and again I am so grateful especially for Henry and Sarahs teachers last year, I am again feeling that God has placed Henry with such a special teacher this year also. While crying all the way to Gs funeral, I was trying to pull myself together in the church parking lot and was reading emails as a diversion. It was there I first read such a fantastic response email from Sister MN. She is just a beautiful person inside and out. Let's just say if her email had been written "old school " with pen and paper, it would look tattered, crumpled and tear stained I have read it so many times.

* For doctors and nurses working together for me. I had a 4 month check up with my beloved Dr. H. Her kindness and loving spirit is just incredible. For her nurse M who comes in just to check on me and chat- I am sorry I gave you a hug in just my bra but I was so excited to see you. Also for Dr. M- man the feeling that she "has my back and best interest" is very comforting.

* For ridiculously generous friends getting together and putting money into a new Katebeatingcancer account that has been set up in preparation for some kind of benefit happening who knows when. I just don't have words...

* For friends checking in on me and not giving up when I don't or just can't call or text back right now-thank you

Off to our 5 soccer and basketball games today. Also grateful for gorgeous weather!

4 comments:

  1. You look pretty grateful and not at all selfish.
    I am always amazed by your GRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on what I just read you sound more "human" than selfish and that there are a lot of folks that have been willing to overlook it, lol!

    Hugs - Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your feelings are completely understandable, normal and not at all selfish. When I read about your struggles with cancer, I put myself in your situation just as you did at the funeral of your friend. I wonder if I could handle things as well as you do. This awful disease is frightening and you have every right to feel the way you feel. Praying for you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feelings are absolutely normal! And quite frankly - your honesty and gratitude is such an encouragement to me. I think about you and pray for you daily. :)

    ReplyDelete