Sunday, June 22, 2014

I would like one order of a clinical trial please...


So... Let's just jump right in...

My CT scan showed an increase in both mediastinal and supraclavicular tumors. The Carboplatin isn't working. Onto plan... D? I am enrolling in a clinical trial at IU. The required brain MRI and abdominal and pelvic CT happily showed nothing! All a blessing on many levels. I am still waiting to hear about the EKG but am hopeful that will be ok also. John and I are going to IU on Wednesday to see Dr. M, get the new chemo drug that is in pill form and ask a brazillion questions. People are asking if I am "ok" I really am. This is yet another bump in the road. As I said before, I will not stress out over something I have no control over. This is where Faith comes in-I have it and am just praying it keeps growing instead of the cancer!
Please pray this drug is "the" answer for me. Pray for little side effects. Pray for John and the children that they too have Faith that not only will this drug help keep the cancer from growing but that for right now, it really is just a bump in this road we are on together.







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and... You know I love cutting edge research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photos! Praying to the gods - not the blood gods, but the mediastinal gods, and the supraclavicular gods. B/C I'm sure they exist.

    ReplyDelete